The ‘Wine, Whisky and Watches’ February edition of The Alternative Investor is out today, featuring Bordeaux Index, Sotheby’s and AIMA, and for our first-time mixing Cristal with Patek Phillipe and hedge funds…
- Bordeaux Index’s Matthew O’Connell writes about the growth of the rare whisky market, driven by a supply/ demand imbalance, and the strength of the fine wine market, which is in an “upwards phase.”
- Sotheby’s Benoît Colson picks up the watch market and the growth of investors in the markets, which has become the focus of the second-hand market and overshadowed other areas, where there is greater value to be found.
- AIMA’s Tom Kehoe looks at the value proposition in hedge fund investing, particularly in today’s markets, which provide “more flexibility to protect and grow” as well as the all important “uncorrelated returns.”
This edition also covers January hedge fund performances, success of multi-strategy funds, activist activities, notably Elliott’s billion-dollar stake in Salesforce, the problems faced by Adani Group, short investors, private equity fund closings, regulatory goings on, new trends, and much more.
Our Regulatory roundup this month covers the following topics:
- Crypto regulation to take effect in the UK
- Consumer Duty update
- Criminal proceedings launched by the FCA
- SEC and CFTC updates
- SEC charges against former Blackrock portfolio manager
Click below for the February edition of The Alternative Investor: