Anti-Money Laundering Courses - What is Included?
This course provides a sound knowledge and awareness of money laundering and terrorist financing.
On completion of this course, you will:
• Understand what money laundering is and how to prevent it
• Understand what terrorist financing is and how to prevent it
• Understand the AML framework obligations of FCA-regulated investment firms
• Understand customer due diligence and ongoing monitoring
• Understand how to report suspicious behaviour
• Understand your personal liability and the associated risks
• Achieve 1 CPD point
This course is suitable for anyone that works at a FCA-regulated Investment Firm. It can be used as both an induction course for new staff members, and a refresher course for existing staff members.
Purchasing, Onboarding & Volume Discounts
Anti-Money Laundering Course Outline
The Bigger Picture – Financial Crime
What is Money Laundering?
- Money Laundering
- What’s the Big Deal?
- The Crime versus the proceeds of crime
- How criminals might launder money
- Using the financial services industry to launder money
What Is Terrorist Financing?
- The global approach
- UK criminal offences
- The Money Laundering Regulations
- The role of the UK Financial Conduct Authority
FCA Regulated Firms – high level framework
- Make certain appointments
- Conduct Risk Assessments
- Have policies and procedures in place
- Books and records
- When firms get it wrong
Customer Due Diligence and Ongoing Monitoring
- When to apply CDD
- Conducting CDD
- The ‘Risk-Based’ approach
- Issues and pitfalls
Reporting Suspicious Activity
- The legal requirement
- What does ‘Knowledge or Suspicion’ mean in Practice?
- Reporting to the Nominated Officer
- What you need to know
What is my personal liability?
- My personal liability
- Managing these risks
80% Pass Mark
- Downloadable Certificate
The price for this course:
£40.00 excl. VAT
Complete this form and we'll contact you shortly with a quote:
Coupon applied at checkout