This course provides a sound knowledge and awareness of money laundering and terrorist financing.
At the end of the course the user should be able to:
- Understand the concepts of money laundering and terrorist financing
- Identify the framework in place to manage and mitigate money laundering and terrorist financing risks
- Consider how this framework applies to the firm and to the user’s role and responsibilities
The user is given practical guidance on the appropriate course of action to be taken when encountering money laundering or terrorist financing issues.
This course is suitable for anyone that works at a FCA-regulated Investment Firm. It can be used as both an induction course for new staff members, and a refresher course for existing staff members.
Purchasing, Onboarding & Volume Discounts
The Bigger Picture – Financial Crime
What is Money Laundering?
- Money Laundering
- What’s the Big Deal?
- The Crime versus the proceeds of crime
- How criminals might launder money
- Using the financial services industry to launder money
What Is Terrorist Financing?
- The global approach
- UK criminal offences
- The Money Laundering Regulations
- The role of the UK Financial Conduct Authority
FCA Regulated Firms – high level framework
- Make certain appointments
- Conduct Risk Assessments
- Have policies and procedures in place
- Books and records
- When firms get it wrong
Customer Due Diligence and Ongoing Monitoring
- When to apply CDD
- Conducting CDD
- The ‘Risk-Based’ approach
- Issues and pitfalls
Reporting Suspicious Activity
- The legal requirement
- What does ‘Knowledge or Suspicion’ mean in Practice?
- Reporting to the Nominated Officer
- What you need to know
What is my personal liability?
- My personal liability
- Managing these risks
80% Pass Mark
- Downloadable Certificate
The price for this course: